F600/FT601 Series – SuperSpeed USB3.0 ICs
Enabling faster and higher volume data transfers than ever before, the FT600 and FT601 SuperSpeed USB3.0 ICs offer USB access to a wider range of data intensive imaging and data acquisition applications.
The series incorporates two vendor class USB devices supported by our D3XX driver. The FT600 and FT601 function as SuperSpeed USB3.0 to FIFO bridges, providing up to 5Gbps of bandwidth. devices – the FT600 and FT601, which function as SuperSpeed USB3.0 to FIFO bridges, providing up to 5Gbps of bandwidth. The FT600 comes in a 56-pin QFN package and has a 16-bit wide FIFO bus interface, while the FT601 is provided in a 76-pin package and has a 32-bit wide FIFO bus interface.
Both chips support up to 8 endpoints, with 2 additional communication endpoints, allowing for up to 4 data IN and 4 data OUT channels to be created with double buffering of up to 4kByte length for IN and 4kByte for OUT.
The series is simple to connect and control, with no additional firmware development required – just “fit and forget”.
This device is featured alongside our full range of USB products in our USB brochure, available here.
Key Hardware Features
- Support for USB3.0 SuperSpeed (5Gbps), USB High Speed (480Mbps) and USB 2.0 Full Speed (12Mbps) transfer
- Available with either 16bit/32bit wide parallel FIFO interface
- Supports 2 parallel slave FIFO bus protocols, with data bursting rate up to 400MBps
- Supports multi channel FIFO interface
- Up to 8 configurable endpoints (pipes)
- Built-in 16kB FIFO data buffer RAM
- Supports multi voltage I/O: 1.8V, 2.5V and 3.3V
- Configurable GPIO support
- Supports Remote Wakeup capability
- Provides USB Battery Charger Detection
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- Extended operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Available in compact Pb-free QFN-56, 16-bit (FT600) and QFN-76, 32-bit (FT601) packages
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT600Q (qty 1-259)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT600Q-B-T (qty 260-2999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT600Q-B-R (qty >=3000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Upgrading Legacy Peripherals to USB
- Utilizing USB to add system modularity
- Incorporate USB interface to enable PC transfers for development system communication
- Cellular and Cordless Phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces
- Interfacing PLD/FPGA based designs to USB3.0
- USB3.0 Digital Video Camera Interface
- USB3.0 Interface for Printer/Scanner
- Medical/Industrial imaging devices
- USB3.0 Instrumentation
- USB Software Defined Radio