As our valued customers, when you engage with FTDI via our WEBSHOP or other support services, we want you to be clear how we are using the information you share such that you are clear on how we are committed to protecting your data.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use and process these information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to us as always. We’ve tried to include all the important information and processes implemented. In any instances, where the following information does not explicitly address your concerns, kindly contact FTDI via our official website FTDIChip.com. Our staff will be glad to share with you our practices.
What information is needed and why we collate these information
We collect basic information that is sufficient to drive and complete order fulfillment, fundamentally in connection with the reason for which it was provided. In our drive to become the partner of choice, FTDI believe in value added services such as application support and sharing of information on our new products and developments. We will only reference the information voluntarily provided by our customers, limited to the necessary communication and outreach efforts.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. When you make any purchases via our WEB SHOP or when you decide to contact our Customer Service Team to place your order, we will require buyers’ information so as to process the order as well as to complete the transaction. We will only require important information such as your name, email address, ship-to address and telephone number; namely for salutation, communication, executing the delivery of goods and for verification (if needed). Financial transaction information such as credit card number, credit limits as well as any banking information, are transparent to FTDI and all its staff as the transaction are processed via third parties partners.
- Information we get from your use of our services. In our effort to deliver our solutions to support our customers/partners in their applications, FTDI constantly participate in Exhibitions and Seminars worldwide, to showcase our latest initiatives and update our development progress. During such events, we may collect information from enquiries or distributed survey forms to visitors. The objective is to follow-up on potential customers or to support our existing partners. Additionally, may it be new or existing customers who have any questions regarding technical applications or concerns, communication may be established with FTDI by email or telephone. When you contact FTDI, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. Collectively, FTDI will only collect these provided information so as to close the loop with the sole intention of providing our solution or sharing of the latest information about the organization. We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in the initial contact.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to execute transactions and to deliver our services requested by you. We store this information within our protected database, with no further movement to the data. Kindly note that FTDI server data may be stored on servers located outside of the country you live. This set of information only serves the purpose for references/verification, and for internal marketing teams to understand consumers’ needs and trending; to design product road maps and planning. We will only update this information upon formal indication by our customer so as to remain contactable and the above stated reason. We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein.
FTDI do not practice any form of data monitoring or further porting activities outside of FTDI and its related companies. All these related companies are bounded and shall abide to FTDI’s respect for customers’ privacy philosophy. Within the FTDI environment, there is no involvement of outsourcing partners including production and/or IT support which can have access to these protected customers’ data.
Our Transparency and Your Rights
We respect our customers’ privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information is needed and only register those that we need for our purpose. We believe you should have means to control your information. You can exercise your control prior to your engagement with FTDI or, even after doing so via our corporate website. You can always manage your preferences and control your personal information by writing to our corporate e-mail. Our Customer Support Team will be glad to assist in your privacy request. No fee usually required to access your personal information.
Some of our services provide to support your privacy rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed and to have your consent.
- The right of access, rectification, erasure.
- The right of portability
- The right to object, omit and escalate
FTDI will respect the choices you make to limit or control your very own personal information that you shared. If that information is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. We also make provision for you to control your experience with us, such that you can manage your marketing preferences or opt out of our newsletter circulations. We can provide the assurance of the completed request upon your request via our corporate e-mail via our website FTDIChip.com.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of FTDI and there is no external processing of your information provided to us, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent or request. We require your written permission via our official E-mail for sharing of the personal information.
- For legal reasons. We will only share this information with authorities if we have a good-faith belief that the disclosure of the information is absolutely necessary to:
- Comply with official legal procedure or mandatory enforceable governmental request. o Investigation of potential fraudulent, abusive, unlawful activities or violations of Terms of Service.
- Establishing our legal rights or defending against legal claims.
- Address or otherwise prevention of security or technical issues.
If FTDI is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and give affected users notice before personal information is transferred. Your consent is required prior to any of the aforesaid.
FTDI will always strive towards protecting our and our user’s information, from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We constantly review physical security measures and processing practices, to deter unauthorized access to our systems. We restrict access to personal information to FTDI employees, and only limited to those who need to know that information for executing our services. All our employees including customer fronting staffs are subjected to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance, Changes and Cooperation
When we receive formal written complaints, we will reach out to the person who has expressed concern, to understand the perspective and to resolve the issue. FTDI will work according to the regulatory authority guideline, report to data protection authorities, to update and resolve any complaints regarding personal data rights that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
Children Privacy Protection
FTDI products and services are for bridging and enabling technologies. We do not knowingly collect, store, use or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under the age of 13. To be consistent with the applicable children privacy protection regulation, FTDI will highlight to users of our services with an acknowledgement that the user is above 13 years of age. With parental permission, a child under the age of 13 may be allowed to engage FTDI services.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we are engaged in activities with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
FTDI will do its best to keep your personal information private and safe.
We support your control of your information. Should you have any question or wish to make a complaint on Data Privacy matters, please contact us via our official website