FT4232H – Hi-Speed Quad USB UART IC
USB High Speed Power Delivery Series are now available here. With added Power Delivery(PD) functionality to the existing High Speed Series.
The FT4232H is FTDI’s 5th generation of USB devices. The FT4232H is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces.
The FT4232H features 4 UARTs. Two of these have an option to independently configure an MPSSE engine, this allows the FT4232H to operate as two UART/Bit-Bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, Bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes.
The FT4232H is available in Pb-free (RoHS compliant) 64-pin LQFP/QFN and 56-pin VQFN packages.
Key Hardware Features
- Single chip USB to quad serial ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Two Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) on channel A and channel B, to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- Independent Baud rate generators.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Optional traffic TX/RX indicators can be added with LEDs and an external 74HC595 shift register.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Support for USB suspend and resume conditions via PWREN#, SUSPEND# and RI# pins.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz – 480MHz).
- FTDI FT232B style, asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operational configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4,8,12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- Dedicated Windows DLLs available for USB to JTAG, USB to SPI, and USB to I2C applications.
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40ºC to 85ºC industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 64-LD Lead Free LQFP/LQFN and 56-LD VQFN packages.
- +3.3V single supply operating voltage range.
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT4232HL (qty 1-159)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT4232HL-TRAY (qty 160-999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT4232HL-REEL (qty >=1000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Single chip USB to four channels UART (RS232,RS422 or RS485) or Bit-Bang interfaces
- Single chip USB to 2 JTAG channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 JTAG channel plus 3 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel plus 3 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 SPI channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 Bit-Bang channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel, plus 1 JTAG channel plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 I2C channels plus 2 UARTs
- Numerous combinations of 4 channels
- Upgrading Legacy Peripheral Designs to USB
- Field Upgradable USB Products
- Galvanic Isolated Products with USB Interface
- USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
- PDA to USB data transfer
- USB Smart Card Readers
- USB Instrumentation
- USB Industrial Control
- USB MP3 Player Interface
- USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
- Set Top Box PC – USB interface
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Bar Code Readers