FT2232H – Hi-Speed Dual USB UART/FIFO IC
USB High Speed Power Delivery Series are now available here. With added Power Delivery(PD) functionality to the existing High Speed Series.
The FT2232H is FTDI’s 5th generation of USB devices. The FT2232H is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART/FIFO IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces.
The FT2232H is available in Pb-free (RoHS compliant) 64-pin LQFP/QFN and 56-pin QVFN packages.
Building on the innovative features of the FT2232, the FT2232H has two multi-protocol synchronous serial engines (MPSSEs) which allow for communication using JTAG, I2C and SPI on two channels simultaneously.
Key Hardware Features
- Single chip USB to dual serial / parallel ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/second) compatible.
- Dual Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- Dual independent UART or FIFO ports configurable using MPSSEs.
- Independent Baud rate generators.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- USB to parallel FIFO transfer data rate up to 10Mbyte/sec.
- Single channel synchronous FIFO mode for transfers up to 40 Mbytes/sec.
- CPU-style FIFO interface mode simplifies CPU interface design.
- MCU host bus emulation mode configuration option.
- Fast Opto-Isolated serial interface option.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Option for transmit and receive LED drive signals on each channel.
- Enhanced bit-bang Mode interface option with RD# and WR# strobes.
- FT245B-style FIFO interface option with bidirectional data bus and simple 4 wire handshake interface.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz – 480MHz).
- Asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operational configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4,8,12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40°C to 85°C industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 64-LD Lead Free LQFP/LQFN package and 56-LD VQFN packages.
- +3.3V single supply operating voltage range.
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT2232H-56Q (qty 1-259)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT2232H-56Q-TRAY (qty 260-2999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT2232H-56Q-REEL (qty >=3000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Single chip USB to dual channel UART (RS232, RS422 or RS485).
- Single chip USB to dual channel FIFO.
- Single chip USB to dual channel JTAG.
- Single chip USB to dual channel SPI.
- Single chip USB to dual channel I2C.
- Single chip USB to dual channel Bit-Bang.
- Single chip USB to dual combination of any of above interfaces.
- Single chip USB to Fast Serial Optic Interface.
- Single chip USB to CPU target interface (as memory), double and independent.
- Single chip USB to Host Bus Emulation (as CPU).
- USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
- PDA to USB data transfer
- USB Smart Card Readers
- USB Instrumentation
- USB Industrial Control
- USB MP3 Player Interface
- USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
- Set Top Box PC – USB interface
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Bar Code Readers