FT4232H – Hi-Speed Quad USB UART IC
The FT4232H is FTDI’s 5th generation of USB devices. The FT4232H is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces.
The FT4232H features 4 UARTs. Two of these have an option to independently configure an MPSSE engine, this allows the FT4232H to operate as two UART/Bit-Bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, Bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes.
The FT4232H is available in Pb-free (RoHS compliant) 64-pin LQFP/QFN and 56-pin VQFN packages.
Key Hardware Features
- Single chip USB to quad serial ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Two Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) on channel A and channel B, to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- Independent Baud rate generators.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Optional traffic TX/RX indicators can be added with LEDs and an external 74HC595 shift register.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Support for USB suspend and resume conditions via PWREN#, SUSPEND# and RI# pins.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz – 480MHz).
- FTDI FT232B style, asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operational configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4,8,12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- Dedicated Windows DLLs available for USB to JTAG, USB to SPI, and USB to I2C applications.
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40ºC to 85ºC industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 64-LD Lead Free LQFP/LQFN and 56-LD VQFN packages.
- +3.3V single supply operating voltage range.
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT4232HQ (qty 1-259)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT4232HQ-TRAY (qty 260-3999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT4232HQ-REEL (qty >=4000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Single chip USB to four channels UART (RS232,RS422 or RS485) or Bit-Bang interfaces
- Single chip USB to 2 JTAG channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 JTAG channel plus 3 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel plus 3 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 SPI channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 Bit-Bang channels plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel, plus 1 JTAG channel plus 2 UARTs
- Single chip USB to 2 I2C channels plus 2 UARTs
- Numerous combinations of 4 channels
- Upgrading Legacy Peripheral Designs to USB
- Field Upgradable USB Products
- Galvanic Isolated Products with USB Interface
- USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
- PDA to USB data transfer
- USB Smart Card Readers
- USB Instrumentation
- USB Industrial Control
- USB MP3 Player Interface
- USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
- Set Top Box PC – USB interface
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Bar Code Readers