FT4232H USB serial/hub module
The FT4232H USB serial/hub module extends the number of interfaces that can be accessed downstream from a USB Host.
The module has an FTDI FT4232H USB 2.0 Hi-Speed to UART/MPSSE chip which supports data rates of 40Mb/s and takes care of all USB signaling and protocols. It also features a GL850G USB 2.0 hub controller chip, the functions of which can be customized.
- Can be used as a standalone hub when connected to USB Host (e.g. a PC).
- Provides access to 3 downstream Hi-Speed USB ports.
- Provides access to up to 4 UART interfaces (3V3 levels, 12MBaud) two of which can alternatively be used as 2
- Multi Purpose Synchronous Serial interface e.g. I2C, JTAG or SPI via the FT4232H MPSSE mode
- Connection to USB Host via standard type A USB connector.
- Connections to 2 downstream USB slave interfaces via a dual type A connector and 1 via the DIL connector pins.
- Other interfaces are accessed via 36 pin, Dual-In-Line, 0.1 pitch header pins which can be easily connected to most PCB header sockets and ribbon cables.
- Diagnostic LEDs give an indication of which USB ports are being accessed.
- USB Powered or external power input pin available to supply external downstream USB ports.
- Temperature range -40oC to +85oC.