FT4222H – USB 2.0 to Quad SPI / I2C Bridge IC
The FT4222H is a High/Full Speed USB2.0-to-Quad SPI/I2C device controller in a compact 32-pin QFN package. The device requires an external crystal at 12MHz in order for the internal PLL to operate. It supports multi-voltage IO: 1.8/2.5 and 3.3V and provides 128 bytes one-time-programmable (OTP) memory space for storing vendor-specific information.
This device contains both SPI and I2C configurable interfaces. The SPI interface can be configured as master mode with single, dual and quad bits data width transfer, or slave mode with single bit data width transfer. The I2C interface can be configured in master or slave mode.
The FT4222H is available in in a space saving Pb-free (RoHS compliant) 32-pin QFN package.
Key Hardware Features
- Single chip USB2.0 Hi-speed to SPI/I2C bridge with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- On-chip OTP memory for USB Vendor ID (VID), Product ID (PID), device serial number, product description string and various other vender specific data
- Configurable industry standard SPI Master/Slave interface controller
- Support configurable data width with single, dual, quad data width transfer mode in SPI master
- SCK can support up to 30MHz in SPI master
- Up to 28Mbps data transfer rate in SPI master with quad mode transfer
- Support single bit data transfer with full-duplex transfer in SPI Slave register.
- Support up to 4 channels slave selection control pins in SPI master application
- Configurable I2C Master/Slave interface controller conforming to I2C v2.1 and v3.0 specification
- Supports 100kbit/s standard mode (SM), 400kbit/s fast mode (FM), 1 Mbit/s Fast mode plus (FM+), and 3.4 Mbit/s High Speed mode (HS)
- Configurable GPIOs can be easily controlled by software applications via USB bus
- USB Battery Charger Detection. Allows for USB peripheral devices to detect the presence of a higher current power source to enable faster charging
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number
- USB Power Configurations; supports bus-powered, self-powered and bus-powered with power switching
- +5V USB VBUS detection engine
- True 3.3V CMOS drive output and TTL input. (operates down to 1V8 with external pull-ups)
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength; 4 mA(min) and 16 mA(max)
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- USB2.0 Low operating and suspend current; 68mA (active-type) and 375µA (suspend-type)
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible
- FTDI Chip’s royalty-free Direct (D2XX) drivers for Windows eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases
- Extended operating temperature range; -40°C to 85°C
- Available in compact Pb-free 32 Pin VQFN packages (RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT4222HQ-D (qty 1-489)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT4222HQ-D-T (qty 490-4999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT4222HQ-D-R (qty >=5000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- USB to single mode SPI master controller
- USB to dual mode SPI master controller
- USB to quad mode SPI master controller
- USB to single SPI slave controller
- USB to I2C master interface controller
- USB to I2C slave interface controller
- Utilising USB to add system modularity
- Incorporate USB interface to enable PC transfers for development system communication
- USB Industrial Control
- USB Data Acquisition
- Accessory connectivity solutions for mobiles and tablets
- USB dongle implementations for Software/ Hardware Encryption and Wireless Modules
- Detect USB dedicated charging ports, to allow for high current battery charging in portable devices.