FT312D – USB Host Chip
The FT312D is a USB 2.0 Full Speed host IC specifically targeted at providing access to peripheral hardware from an Android platform with a USB device port. The device will bridge the USB port to a UART interface via the Android Open Accessory protocol.
The FT312D provides a bridge between peripheral hardware/systems and an Android platform with a USB device port.
The FTDI Chip Android Open Accessory HyperTerm Utility is available for download on Google Play.
Try it out:
Key Hardware Features
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Host
- USB to UART bridge
- USB ERROR indicator pin
- Single power supply operation at 3.3V
- Internal 1.8V LDO regulator
- Internal memory for storing configurable strings – allows Android to automatically detect the device and application
- Extended operating temperature range : -40°C to 85°C
- Available in Pb-free QFN-32 and LQFP-32 packages (RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT312D-32Q1C (qty 1-259)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT312D-32Q1C-T (qty 260-2999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT312D-32Q1C-R (qty >=3000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Connect an Android device to a motor controller
- Motor/robotic device control
- Connect an Android device to an external microcontroller
- Firmware upgrades
- Connect an Android device to external sensors
- Fleet management
- Connect an Android device to external storage
- Data logging
- Connect an Android device to a printer
- Print photos from a phone or tablet