FT312D – USB Host Chip
The FT312D provides a bridge between peripheral hardware/systems and an Android platform with a USB device port.
The FT312D will enumerate USB and Android Open Accessory and provide a UART interface for peripheral integration.
Note, proper compatibility requires Android Open Accessory Mode, available in Android platforms 3.1 onwards.
The FTDI Chip Android Open Accessory HyperTerm Utility is available for download on Google Play.
FT312D-32L is available in 32 Pin LQFP packaging.
Try it out:
Key Hardware Features
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Host
- USB to UART bridge
- USB ERROR indicator pin
- Single power supply operation at 3.3V
- Internal 1.8V LDO regulator
- Internal memory for storing configurable strings – allows Android to automatically detect the device and application
- Extended operating temperature range : -40°C to 85°C
- Available in Pb-free QFN-32 and LQFP-32 packages (RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT312D-32L1C (qty 1-249)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT312D-32L1C-T (qty 250-1499)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT312D-32L1C-R (qty >=1500)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Connect an Android device to a motor controller
- Motor/robotic device control
- Connect an Android device to an external microcontroller
- Firmware upgrades
- Connect an Android device to external sensors
- Fleet management
- Connect an Android device to external storage
- Data logging
- Connect an Android device to a printer
- Print photos from a phone or tablet