VNC1L – Vinculum USB Host Controller Device
The Vinculum family of USB Host Controller ICs not only handle the USB Host Interface and data transfer functions, but owing to the inbuilt 8/32-bit MCU and embedded Flash memory, Vinculum encapsulates the USB unit classes as well. When interfacing to mass storage units such as USB Flash drives, Vinculum also transparently handles the FAT file structure communicating via UART, SPI or parallel FIFO interfaces via a simple to implement command set.
The VNC1L is the first generation device of the FTDI Vinculum family of USB Host / Slave Controller ICs, which are designed to deliver USB Host level interfacing capabilities to embedded applications. The VNC1L features two independent USB Host / Slave ports with an inbuilt 8/32-bit MCU processing core with 4KBytes of RAM program memory and 64KBytes of embedded Flash memory for firmware storage. The VNC1L supports UART, SPI slave and 8-bit parallel FIFO interfaces to enable communication with external processing devices. Further the two USB Ports on the VNC1L can be individually configured by firmware as Host or Slave ports.
VNC1L can be programmed with FTDI’s in-house developed firmwares which supports a range of common USB device classes, providing a cost effective, complete, ready-to-use USB interfacing solution. Users do not need to license any USB software stacks or develop USB drivers, indeed no knowledge of USB is required to use these devices. VNC1L is ideal for implementing USB interfacing within existing applications which do not already have USB, example applications include adding USB Flash drive connectivity to a wide range of consumer and industrial products.
Key Hardware Features
- 8/32 bit V-MCU Core
- Dual DMA controllers for hardware acceleration
- 64k Embedded Flash Program Memory
- 4k internal Data SRAM
- 2 x USB 2.0 Slow/Full speed Host/Slave Ports
- UART, SPI and Parallel FIFO interfaces
- PS2 legacy Keyboard and Mouse Interfaces
- Up to 28 GPIO pins depending on configuration
- 3.3V operation with 5V safe inputs
- Low power operation (25mA running/2mA standby)
- Supplied with FTDI field upgradeable firmware supporting a range of common USB class devices.
- LQFP-48 RoHS compliant package
- Multi-processor configuration capable
NOTE: VNC1L devices are supplied unprogrammed
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||VNC1L-1A (qty 1-249)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||VNC1L-1A-TRAY (qty 250-1999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||VNC1L-1A-REEL (qty >=2000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- USB Flash drive interfaces
- GPS interfaces
- USB data loggers
- USB music / media playback interfaces
- Digital displays
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Digital camera interfaces
- Designed to enable USB connectivity within a range of consumer and industrial applications.