VMUSIC2 Module – easily add USB Flash Drive interface and Audio Playback to products.
The VMUSIC2 module is a product which not only lets you add USB Flash disk interfacing to your product, but also allows you to play back MP3 and other popular digital music formats directly from a USB flash disk. Only four signal
lines plus 5V supply and ground are required to be connected. Extensions to the Vinculum VDAP command set allow you to play a selected file, as well as control the volume, balance, etc. of the sound channel, and monitor the status of the file being played. The Vinculum VDAP firmware also allows the VNC1L I/O interface to be selected between the serial UART or SPI using on-board jumper pins. The VMUSIC2 is ideal for adding MP3 playback from USB drive capability to home entertainment and in-car audio systems, as well as other appliances requiring audio playback capability from USB Flash disks. The VMusic2 ideal for evaluation and development of VNC1L designs
Key VMUSIC2 features include :
- Uses FTDI VNC1L-1A embedded USB host controller I.C. unit combined with VLSI VS1003 IC for music playback.
- USB type A socket to connect USB Flash disk.
- Stereo 3.5mm headphone jack socket for audio playback
- Audio line-out connector for audio playback
- Only four signals to connect, excluding power and ground.
- Jumper selectable UART or SPI interfaces.
- Single 5V supply input.
- Traffic indicator LED
- Uses extended Vinculum VDAP command set
- Program or update firmware via USB Flash disk
- VMUSIC2 is a Pb-free, RoHS complaint development module.
- Schematics, datasheet and firmware files available to download from the Vinculum website.
Recommend accessory: TTL-232R-3V3-2mm cable.