This Hi-Speed USB device with Type-C/PD 3.0 controller IC fully supports the latest USB Type-C and Power Delivery (PD) standards enabling support for power negotiation with the ability to sink or source current to a USB host device.
This has one Dual-role PD port (PD port 1) which also carries the USB data communication. This can switch between the roles of sinking power from the host to power the peripheral, and sourcing power to charge the host computer.
This is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s) to UART IC. It has the capability of being configured in a variety of industry standard serial or parallel interfaces.
This fast quad channel bridge chip features 4 UARTs. Two of these have an option to independently configure an MPSSE engine allowing to operate as two UART/Bit-Bang ports plus two MPSSE engines used to emulate JTAG, SPI, I2C, Bit-bang or other synchronous serial modes.
The I/O structure is 3.3V with built-in tolerance for 5V, allowing the designer maximum flexibility when interfacing with FPGAs. On-board voltage regulation provides 3.3V and 1.8V supplies from a 5V source, as well as a power-on-reset function.
FTDI provides royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and D2XX drivers for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. This 68 pin device is available in QFN packaging, and is ROHS compliant.
To join the discussion please go to our community pages here
Key Hardware Features
- Supports PD Specification 3.0.
- 1 x USB PD 3.0 Port supports Dual Role Swap Function
- Supports 5V3A, 9V3A, 12V3A, 15V3A, 20V3A and more PDOs as sink or source.
- Type-C/PD Physical Layer Protocol.
- PD policy engine using 32-bit RISC controller with 8kB data RAM and 48kB code ROM.
- PD mode configuration through external EEPROM.
- Options to use external MCU controlling PD policy through I2C interface.
- Up to 8 Configurable PD GPIO pins support.
- External MCU support through I2C bus.
- External EEPROM support for USB device configuration and PD profile.
- Single chip USB to quad serial ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Two Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) on channel A and channel B, to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- Independent Baud rate generators.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Optional traffic TX/RX indicators can be added with LEDs and an external 74HC595 shift register.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Support for USB suspend and resume conditions via PWREN#, SUSPEND# and RI# pins.
- Highly integrated design includes +1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function and on chip clock multiplier PLL (12MHz – 480MHz).
- FTDI FT232B style, asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operational configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Configurable I/O drive strength (4,8,12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- Dedicated Windows DLLs available for USB to JTAG, USB to SPI, and USB to I2C applications.
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40ºC to 85ºC industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 64-LD Lead Free LQFN and 56-LD VQFN packages.
- +3.3V single supply operating voltage range.
- Compact 68-pin Lead Free QFN package
Partial, Tube or Reel
|Part No:||FT4232HPQ (qty 1-259)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT4232HPQ (qty 260-2600)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT4232HPQ(qty >=3000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- USB Bridge with Type-C/PD3.0 (chargers and devices).
- High-power consumption via USB PD and/or Type-C port.
- Get power from USB device functions, e.g. portable USB host needs charging when USB is connected.
- Single chip USB to four channels UART (RS232, RS422 or RS485) or Bit-Bang interfaces.
- Single chip USB to 2 JTAG channels plus 2 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 1 JTAG channel plus 3 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel plus 3 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 2 SPI channels plus 2 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 2 Bit-Bang channels plus 2 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 1 SPI channel, plus 1 JTAG channel plus 2 UARTS.
- Single chip USB to 2 I2C channels plus 2 UARTS.
- Numerous combinations of 4 channels.
- Upgrading Legacy Peripheral Designs to USB.
- Field Upgradable USB Products.
- Cellular and cordless phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces.
- Interfacing MCU / PLD / FPGA based designs to USB.
- PDA to USB data transfer.
- USB Smart Card Readers.
- USB Instrumentation.
- USB Industrial Control.
- USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers.
- Set Top Box PC – USB interface.
- USB Digital Camera Interface.
- USB bar Code Readers.