FT220X – Full Speed USB to 4-Bit SPI / FT1248 Bridge
This USB2.0 Full Speed IC offers a compact bridge to 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interfaces. The device is a FT1248 slave, capable of operating up to 500kBit/s, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT220X includes the complete FT-X series feature set and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over an FT1248 interface
Key Hardware Features
- FT1248 serial parallel interface in 1, 2 or 4 bit wide mode.
- Similar to an SPI slave in 1 bit mode
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte MTP Memory for storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates to 500 kByte/s
- 512 byte receive buffer and 512 byte transmit buffer utilizing buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pin.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.
- True 3.3V CMOS drive output and TTL input. (operates down to 1V8 with external pull-ups)
- I/O levels from 1.8V to 3.3V. (5V tolerant inputs).
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.
- Battery Charger Detection. May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port to enable higher current / faster charging of batteries.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
- Internal 3.3V/1.8V LDO regulators
- Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Extended operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- 16 Pin SSOP and QFN packages (both RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT220XQ(qty 1-489)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT220XQ-T (qty 490-4999)||Package Type:||TRAY|
|Part No:||FT220XQ-R (qty >=5000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- USB to SPI interface in 1-bit mode
- USB Software and Hardware Encryption Dongles
- Dedicated Charger Port (DCP) detection enabling battery charging at higher current for faster charge times.