FT201X – Full Speed USB to I2C Bridge
This USB2.0 Full Speed IC offers a compact bridge to I2C devices. The device is an I2C slave, capable of operating up to 3.4MBit/s, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT201X includes the complete FT-X series feature set and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over an I2C interface
Key Hardware Features
- Single chip USB to I2C interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte Multi-Time-Programmable (MTP) memory for storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- 512 byte receive buffer and 512 byte transmit buffer utilizing buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pin.
- Battery Charger Detection. May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port to enable higher current / faster charging of batteries.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.
- True 3.3V CMOS drive output and TTL input.
- (Operates down to 1.8V with external pull ups and is also 5V tolerant)
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
- Internal 3.3V/1.8V LDO regulators
- Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Extended operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Pb-free 16 Pin QFN/SSOP packages (RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tray or Reel
|Part No:||FT201XS (qty 1-99)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT201XS-U (qty 100-2999)||Package Type:||TUBE|
|Part No:||FT201XS-R (qty >=3000)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Provide USB port to Microcontroller systems
- No need to decompose system software, insert USB, and re-validate
- Motherboard and system monitoring through USB
- Enable download capability from PC Host systems
- Provide USB port to FPGA’s
- Detecting the presence of USB charging ports for enabling high current battery charging.