Vinco (inspired by Arduino) is a cost effective Vinculum-II (VNC2) development platform, designed to support rapid prototyping and development of USB 2.0 based processing applications with open-source hardware and software. Vinco supports the software drivers and libraries developed for the Vinculum II controller.
Vinco Platform Features:
- Onboard VNC2-64 USB dual channel Host / unit controller with a powerful 16-bit / 48MHz MCU core, 256KB Flash and 16KB SRAM which also supports UART, FIFO, SPI (master and slave), PWM and GPIO interfaces.
- The Vinco I/O expansion bus is a superset of the popular Arduino Duemilanove / Uno platform with 2 extra rows of headers providing 10 additional interface pins thus making it easier to develop IO Boards (Shields) whilst avoiding hardware resource conflicts between different IO add-on cards.
- USB standard and mini connectors.
- 8-channel / 10-bit ADC and PWM interfaces.
- 38 general purpose I/Os (30 digital, 8 analogue).
- The Vinco supports connectivity to a wide range of application boards developed by the Arduino open-source community. These include Ethernet, motor control, LCD and many others.
- The Vinco uses a subset of standard ANSII C (instead of the wiring/processing based software platform) with
- FTDI supported, free-of-charge software development tools, libraries and reference designs.
- Debugger interface to the VNC2 DEBUG MODULE for rapid firmware debugging.
- Same PCB form factor as Arduino.
- Compatible with the Vinco Proto shield development board (VNCLO-SHLD-1A – available below)
- 9V/1A DC input or USB powered (dependent on USB Host interface current requirements)