Please send email with your CV and Job Title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Engineering Support Engineer
Department: Customer Engineering Support
Reporting To: CES Manager
Location: Shanghai, China
FTDI is looking for an experienced Customer Engineering Support Engineer with strong technical ability, excellent communication skills, and a strong track record of customer contact. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling customer product issues, product design support, training the sales force and distributors’ FAE’s on products, application and technical note authoring; communicating with the R&D team for progress update. Although the role is primarily based in Shanghai office, some travel may be required.
- Full technical support throughout project cycle including pre-sale, design-in, and mass production, on FTDI product line-ups.
- Deliver customer support in a timely and ethical manner via e-mail or telephone.
- Assist FAE’s to drive technical actions to close design wins.
- Development of product knowledge to assist the sales force and distributors’ FAEs support their daily customer engagements.
- Communicate with the R&D team for application and project support update.
- Author application/technical notes for FTDI product as well as developing sample microcontroller and graphics controller code.
- Analyse and debug any field returns to identify failure mechanism to improve product design.
- Write and debug application software to test the function of hardware as necessary.
- Liaise with FAE’s to identify problems associated with driver related bugs.
- Document and archive problem log.
- Attend exhibitions in the UK and abroad to meet customers face to face if required to do so. (Some travel required).
- All work to be completed in a timely manner. Specific schedules to be set and agreed with customers and manager, with any slippage in schedules to be notified ASAP to the management or Project Leader as appropriate.
- Any reasonable task assigned by management and deemed to be within the individual’s capabilities to ensure smooth running of the business.
- As this is an evolving business, ongoing change is an integral part of the position. Management will liaise with the individual on any fundamental change to work practices. The individual is required to embrace and adopt any change to working practices.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Degree major in EE or equivalent is essential.
- MCU development experience in assembler language and C.
- Good understanding about USB2.0 and USB3.0 protocol and PC Peripherals knowledge.
- Experience of graphics controller design and programming.
- Experience with development tools e.g. Eclipse, Arduino, RTOS.
- Experience of ARM and FPGA system design experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to understand digital (mainly) and analogue design schematics.
- 3-5 year hardware design and debug experience.
- Understanding at least two of SPI, I2C, I2S, PWM, ADC, USB, Ethernet, CAN (protocols and applications) would be advantageous.
- Ability to plan and manage tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- At least two years customer support experience.
- Good communication ability.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment with willingness to work in a flexible schedule.
We provide a professional, fun and exciting work environment where innovation and creativity thrive!
Interested applicants email your CV along with a cover letter in Word or pdf format to email@example.com.