FT120 – USB full-speed device controller
Note that FT120Q is now under EOL and is not recommended for new designs,however the FT120T is still available.
If there is any demand, please send in your enquiry for special support consideration. For more information, please click here to contact us.
The FT120 provides a cost and feature optimized USB full-speed device controller. The design closely matches the PDIUSBD12 and may be used as a drop in replacement for the device.
Communicating with a micro-controller over the generic parallel interface the device will appear as another memory device on the processor bus, offering USB connectivity with bulk, isochronous or interrupt endpoints.
FT120Q is in QFN-28 packaging. FT120T is available in TSSOP-28 packaging.
Key Hardware Features
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- Backward compatible to PDIUSBD12
- Support for multiple interrupt modes to facilitate bulk and isochronous transfers
- Fully autonomous DMA engines for fast data transfer
- Supports high-speed parallel interface to external microcontroller
- Separate address/data or multiplexed address/ data bus
- Integrated 320 bytes of configurable endpoint buffer
- Double buffer scheme for main endpoint improves data transfer rates.
- Dedicated clock output pin with programmable
- clock frequency (4 – 48 MHz)
- Good USB connection indicator that blinks with
- USB transmit and receive activities.
- Single power supply operation at 3.3V or 5V.
- Internal 1.8V and 3.3V LDO regulators
- Extended operating temperature range : -40°C to 85°C.
- Available in Pb-free TSSOP-28 and QFN-28 packages (RoHS compliant).
Partial, Tube or Reel
|Part No:||FT120T (qty 1-49)||Package Type:||Partial (Cut Tape)|
|Part No:||FT120T-U (qty 50-2499)||Package Type:||TUBE|
|Part No:||FT120T-R (qty >=2500)||Package Type:||REEL|
- Provide USB port to Microcontrollers
- Provide USB port to FPGAs
- USB Industrial Control
- Utilising USB to add system modularity
- Replacement for difficult to source (in volume) PDIUSBD12