Senior IT Engineer
- Department: IT
- Reporting To: IT Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Position Summary:
Provide IT support operation on daily basis, include below activities:
- IT asset management (include the hardware and software) – manage all company IT asset with proper traceability record;
- Support HR on all employee on-board/off-board process including IT training;
- Provide all IT system setup and admin work; (file control, VPN setup and special software admin work support);
- IT Level 1 helpdesk support to all company staff include remote user from worldwide, it could be PC issue, office printer, phone system or network related issues;
- Troubleshooting AD/DC, Exchange server, File Server and Application server issues and provide a solution.
- Troubleshoot and configure the firewall, router and switch when issues arises.
- Escalate to 3rd party IT support vendor if issue couldn’t be fixed within same day, coordinate with IT support vendor resolve issues within TAT, document down for all IT issues and solutions in return document;
- Liaise with IT vendor management, include IT hardware/software quotation, costing, PR process and make proposal if any recommend system tools).
System maintenance work on regular basis, include below activities:
- All System backup (File server backup, NAS storage backup, offline backup activity), verify all system backup files are working properly;
- Coordinate department head on storage Clean up include File server, SharePoint and NetApp;
- Monitor Server room temperature and humidity, and make sure all server related equipment (E.g.: UPS) are working under good condition;
- Pulse check all on server, router and firewall log and flag out all abnormal activities immediately;
- Regular update antivirus related tools and window related system patches.
- IT governance and direction:
- Maintain all IT related record (contract, agreement, software authorization, etc.) and regularly updates or renew on time;
- Keep updating and release new IT P&P (Policy & Procedure), BCP(Business Continuity Plan) and DRP(Disaster Recovery Plan);
- Working with finance and country IT support on IT budgeting yearly basis and review it quarterly;
- Assist external or internal auditor on IT compliance or ISO related audit;
- Evaluate vendor proposal and provide justification to management.
- IT related projects management (Ad Hoc or on-going) and provide weekly basis updates to management):
- IT project plan, budgeting and proposal;
- IT project deployment after project approved;
- IT project verification and provide necessary training to end user;
- IT project sign off and documentation.
- Any reasonable task assigned by management and deemed to be within the individual’s capabilities to ensure smooth running of the business.
- As this is an evolving business, ongoing change is an integral part of the position. Management will liaise with the individual on any fundamental change to work practices. The individual is required to embrace and adopt any change to working practices.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Diploma in IT related discipline with at least 3-years relevant experience in IT support or maintenance experience;
- Hands on IT support working experience include Desktop/Laptop support, Printer, Lan/Wan, Router, Switches, Firewall Support;
- MCSE in Windows Server and RHCSA in Linux server or equivalent hands on working experience;
- CGEIT preferred or IT governance working experience in IT policy or security;
- International IT project management experience;
- SAP working experience good to have;
- Able to remotely support regional IT issue (CN, TW), Both English and Mandarin read and write required (to be able to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates on tasks assigned by management to ensure smooth running of the business);
- Good negotiation/communication skill with IT contractor or external IT supplier;
Working conditions are normal for an office environment with willingness to work in a flexible schedule. We provide a professional, fun and exciting work environment where innovation and creativity thrive!
Interested applicants email your CV along with a cover letter in Word or pdf format to email@example.com.