Physical Design Engineer / Senior Engineer / Staff Engineer (IC Design)
- Department: IC Design & Development
- Reporting To: Manager - IC Design & Development
- Location: Singapore
- Position Summary:
- Performing IC Physical Design Development
Digital IC Design
- Perform IC physical design development of products for FTDI products
- Perform tech file library preparation, full chip floor-planning, clock tree synthesis, place and route, RC extraction
- Work with front-end designers to achieve timing closure (timing ECO) and to optimize area / power
- Perform physical verification (LVS / DRC / ERC / Antenna)
- Perform design revision (design ECO)
- Interface with foundry for tapeout-related activities
- Any reasonable task assigned by management and deemed to be within the individuals’ capabilities to ensure smooth running of the business.
- As this is an evolving business, ongoing change is an integral part of the position. Management will liaise with the individual on any fundamental change to work practices. The individual is required to embrace and adopt any change to working practices.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Degree / Master’s in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- 3 years or above experience in the area of ASIC flow layout design
- Working experience from design to tape-out is essential
- Experience in Verilog HDL and VHDL design, tech file library preparation, floor-planning, clock tree synthesis, place and route, RC extraction, design and timing ECO, physical verification and tape-out flow
- Experience in using EDA tools from Cadence, Synopsys
- Knowledge and working experience in one or more of the following:
- Digital and mixed-signal design
- USB interface products
- Knowledge in connectivity technology such as USB, UART, SPI, I2C
- Project Management
- We provide a professional, fun and exciting work environment where innovation and creativity thrive!
- This position requires the individual’s adaptability to work on a flexible schedule.
Interested applicants, please email your CV along with a cover letter in Word or pdf format to email@example.com