Please send email with your CV and Job Title to email@example.com
Customer Engineering Support Engineer
Reporting To: CES Manager
Location: Glasgow, UK
FTDI requires an experienced Customer Engineering Support Engineer with strong technical ability, excellent communication skills, and a strong track record of customer contact.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling customer product issues, product design support, training the sales force and distributors’ FAE’s on products, application and technical note authoring, and communicating with the R&D team for progress update.
- Full technical support throughout project cycle including pre-sale, design-in, and mass production, on FTDI product line-ups.
- Deliver customer support in a timely and ethical manner via e-mail or telephone.
- Assist FAE’s to drive technical actions to close design wins.
- Development of product knowledge to assist the sales force and distributors’ FAEs support their daily customer engagements.
- Communicating with the R&D team for application and project support update.
- Writing of application/technical notes for FTDI product as well as developing sample microcontroller and graphics controller code.
- Analyse and debug any field returns to identify failure mechanism to improve product design.
- Write and debug application software to test the function of hardware as necessary.
- Liaise with FAE’s to identify problems associated with driver related bugs.
- Document and archive problem log.
- Attend exhibitions in the UK and abroad to meet customers face to face if required to do so. (Some travel required).
- All work to be completed in a timely manner. Specific schedules to be set and agreed with customers and manager, with any slippage in schedules to be notified ASAP to the management or Project Leader as appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Degree major in EE or equivalent is essential.
- Good understand about USB2.0 and USB3.0 protocol and PC Peripherals knowledge.
- Experience of graphics controller design and programming.
- Experience with development tools e.g. Eclipse, Arduino, RTOS.
- Experience of ARM and FPGA system design experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to understand digital (mainly) and analogue design schematics.
- 3-5 year hardware design and debug experience.
- Understanding at least two of SPI, I2C, I2S,PWM, ADC, USB, Ethernet, CAN (protocols and applications) would be advantageous.
- Ability to plan and manage tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- At least two years customer support experience.
- Good communication ability.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment with willingness to work in a flexible schedule.
We provide a professional, fun and exciting work environment where innovation and creativity thrive!
Interested applicants email your CV along with a cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only open to candidates eligible to work in the UK without any work permit restrictions.